Back to CGN
General potato sites
Databases / lists
Andean potato cultivars
- The downloadable European potato accessions database (wild and cultivated spp.) from EU project RESGEN-CT95-34/45, compiled by CGN. (click 'diffusion of results').
- Collections: potato PGR portal
- Potato species Atlas
- Potato samples at Botanical garden of Nijmegen (local document)
- EBS herbarium collection, (now residating at IPK, Gatersleben).
- Download original cards of WAC accession: 1-50 , 51-100 , 101-150 , 151-200 , 201-250 , 251-260 , 301-350 , 351-400 , 401-450 , 451-500 , 501-550 , 551-600 , 601-650 , 651-700 , 701-750 , 751-800 , 801-850 , 851-900 , 901-953 with tuber characteristics and some info on disease resistance (in Dutch language) as well as the WAC1971 inventory .
- Global Trust Regeneration guidelines for wild potatoes. Author: CIP
- Great information source on potatoes in South America (in Spanish): RedePapa
Potato collecting passport data
- CGN collecting missions page incl. potato collecting expeditions in 1955, 1959, 1974, 1980, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996 and 1999.
- Data on potato collections by Peter Hjerting and colleagues in the period 1948-1956.
- Limited collecting data on Bolivian landraces by Carlos Ochoa: OCH 10475-10697 , presumably around 1970.
- Report and collecting data from expedition to Peru and Bolivia by Jack Hawkes and colleagues: HHCH 4114-5273 in 1971.
- Data from expeditions to Bolivia: OCH 11818-11991
and Peru: OCH 11876 & 12065-13020 by Carlos Ochoa in 1978.
- Collecting data on Colombian landraces: CCC 4206-5030 , 1973-1975.
- Collecting data on series Etuberosa in Chile by Andrés Contreras and colleagues: UACH 1315-1346 in 1978.
- Potato collections in Bolivia by Robert W. Hoopes and colleagues: HAO 001-176 in 1986.
- Potato collections in the USA by John Bamberg and colleagues: SBV 01-34 in 1992.
- Argentine collecting data: OKA 5309-6497 or BALC 74001-74343 (incl. HAW 5746-6107),
OKA 6525-6742, 7254-7313 , and
OKA 7383-7687 or BALC 83001-83192.
Seed storage and germination
Feedback to: Roel.Hoekstra@wur.nl,
Centre for Genetic Resources the Netherlands (CGN),
Wageningen, the Netherlands.